Friday, January 25, 2008

Berrocco Panache Poncho

In Christmas/New Year of 2006/2007 the three of us took a trip to Tassie to visit my parents-in-law. While we were there we visited an Alapaca farm and I was lucky enough to pick up some beautiful wool. I was only really starting out with serious knitting so I stashed it away to make something special with. I didn't want to just play with it because it was too nice, and too expensive!

I've always had the idea in the back of my mind to knit myself some sort of wrap/poncho out of it but I really didn't want anything plain. The wool is so lovely and I wanted to put some real effort into making something memorable and expand my skills at the same time.

I came across this pattern here and decided to add some other colours into the mix as well. The pattern stitch is actually a lot lot easier than it looks. I'm so happy with it so far and can't wait to wear it during our trip to Tassie this year :-)

The Alpaca wool is the ball in the bottom left hand corner of the first photo.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - love the colours!